Jeffrey Blodgett argued the prescriptions were justified and that his actions with respect to the four patients are protected from disciplinary action by provisions of the Intractable Pain Treatment Act.
What does IPTA stand for?
IPTA stands for Intractable Pain Treatment Act
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IPTA
We have 10 other meanings of IPTA in our Acronym Attic
- Interferometric Point Target Analysis
- International PalmTherapy Association (Van Nuys, CA)
- International Parcel Tankers Association
- International Patent and Trademark Association
- International Pediatric Transplant Association
- International Personal Trainer Academy
- International Process Technology Alliance (promotes the training of industrial plant operators)
- Internet Protocol Telephony Accounting
- Internet Protocol Transport Agreement
- Interplan Pension Transfer Agreement (Canada)
- Invalidez Permanente Total por Acidente
- Iowa Parent-Teacher Association
- Iowa Physical Therapy Association (Des Moines, IA)
- Iowa Public Transit Association
- Iowa Pupil Transportation Association (Des Moines, IA)
- Irish Play Therapy Association (UK)
- Irish Psychiatric Tutors Association
- ISDN PRA Terminal Adaptor
- It Pays to Advertise
- Italian Packaging Technology Awards
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1990 the state legislature adopted an Intractable Pain Treatment Act modeled after the Texas statute, and in 1994 the Medical Board of California issued guidelines intended to reassure wary doctors.