The status, he said, would be beneficial for Pakistan in revenue generation, improved competitiveness, FDI inflows, BOP improvement and surge in intra-industry trade.
What does IIT stand for?
IIT stands for Intra-Industry Trade (economics)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other meanings of IITOther Resources:
We have 121 other definitions for IIT in our Acronym Attic
- Integrated Idea Team (US Army)
- Integrated Information Technology
- Integrated Information Transport
- Integrated Installation Team
- Intelligent Information Technologies (Indiana)
- Intensive Insulin Therapy (medical)
- Interactive Information Technology (est. 1998; Venlo, Limburg, Netherlands)
- International Institute of Telecommunications
- International Institute of Travel
- International Investment Trust (Taiwan)
- Investigator-Initiated Trial
- Ion Implantation Technology
- Islamic Institute of Toronto (Toronto, Canada)
- Italian Institute of Technology
- Implementing Information Technology Rapporteur Group
- Image Intensifier Tube Assembly
- Information Infrastructure Technology and Applications
- Input Invalid, Target (Identifier)
- Institute for Information Technology Applications
- Institute of Information Technology Assessment
Samples in periodicals archive:
The objectives include to: review Nigeria's merchandise trade; assess the simultaneous exports and imports of prepared foodstuff (HS) (section (IV); evaluate the share of intra-industry trade in the total trade between Nigeria and the partner nations; and determine the effects of national and partners' characteristics on the intra-ECOWAS trade.
In the presence of intra-industry trade (for example, India exporting Tata Indica cars to the US and at the same time importing Ford cars from the US), adjustment cost associated with removing trade barriers are lower.
However, the most significant difference between the two trade patterns after entering the regional free trade area is growing intra-industry trade between Mexico and the US versus inter-industry trade between Vietnam and advanced ASEAN members.
24) Studies such as Bacarreza and Ehrlich's on the impact of migration on foreign trade in Bolivia (25) and Blanes' on the impact of migration to Spain's bilateral intra-industry trade (26) offer models for measuring the impact of migration which are also worth exploring.
To this purpose, we use the Aquino and the Grubel-Lloyd (GL) indices to distinguish between inter-industry specialisation and intra-industry trade (IIT) and identify the vertical (VIIT) and horizontal (HILT) intra-industry trade components adopting a methodology based on the works of Abd-el-Rahman (1991) and Greenaway et al.
Within the broad category of grains and feeds, for instance, intra-industry trade encompasses numerous processed foods--including dog or cat food for retail sale; mixes and dough; pastries, cake, bread and pudding; breakfast cereal; and uncooked pastas.
42) Results from a 2001 study concluded that intra-industry trade in the service sector is probably of similar magnitude as intra-industry trade in goods.