The carotid intima-media thickness (CIMT) screening exam is used at major medical centers to detect early signs of atherosclerosis, a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease, explained Dr.
What does IMT stand for?
IMT stands for Intima-Media Thickness
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IMT
We have 236 other meanings of IMT in our Acronym Attic
- International Medical Team
- International Military Training
- International Military Tribunal (post-WWII)
- International Mobile Telecommunications
- International Mobile Telephony
- Internet Marketing Technology (various organizations)
- Internet Montana
- Interpolation-Matching Technique
- Interstellar Master Traders (James Blish "Cities in Flight" SF series)
- Intestinal Microbiota Transplantation
- Invertible Matrix Theorem (mathematics)
- Investment Management Techniques (course)
- Irish Medical Times
- Iron Mountain, MI, USA - Ford Airport (Airport Code)
- Irrigation Management Transfer
- It's Morphin Time
- Information Management Technology & Reengineering (Directorate)
- International Mobile Telecommunications-2000
- International Mobile Telecommunications - Direct Spread
- International Mobile Telecommunications - Frequency Time
Samples in periodicals archive:
On the other hand, the carotid intima-media thickness was significantly reduced in the red ginseng group compared with the placebo group.
The RG group also showed a significant decrease in carotid intima-media thickness (P= 0.
At 5 years old, the children of mothers who smoked in pregnancy had significantly greater carotid intima-media thickness and lower arterial distensibility than did unexposed offspring.
Increased intima-media thickness (IMT) and decreased echogenicity, or density, of the intima-media complex also predict future disease.
Carotid intima-media thickness (CIMT), flow associated dilatation (FAD %) and nitric oxide sensitivity of the smooth muscle cell of the brachial artery to nitroglycerine (GTN %) are legitimate markers of early atherosclerosis (12-24).
FROM THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE AMERICAN COLLEGE OF CARDIOLOGY NEW ORLEANS--Carotid intima-media thickness was found to be increased in middle-aged men taking antidepressants in a study reported at the meeting.
NEW ORLEANS -- Carotid intima-media thickness was found to be increased in middle-aged men taking antidepressants in a study reported at the meeting.