The exemption refers to the 1935 Motor Carrier Act, as amended, which contains a clause stating that agricultural commodities are exempt from economic regulation by the Interstate Commerce Commission.
What does ICC stand for?
ICC stands for Interstate Commerce Commission (US)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ICC
We have 1147 other meanings of ICC in our Acronym Attic
- Internet Credit Card (online shopping)
- Internet Cubaweb Communications Corp. (Cuba)
- Internet Customer Care
- Internode Communication Channel
- Internode Communications Channel (SMP)
- Interoceanic Canal Commission
- Interoperability Certification Committee
- Intersegmental Coordinating Committee
- Intersite Communications Component
- Interstate Coin Club
- Interstitial Cell of Cajal
- Intra Cluster Communication
- Intra-Class Correlation (organizational research)
- Intraatomic Correlation Correction
- Intraclass Correlation Coefficient (measurement reliability)
- Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma
- Introduction to Child Care (course; various organizations)
- Inuit Circumpolar Conference
- Inuit Circumpolar Council (various locations)
- Inventory Carrying Cost
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the same year, the Interstate Commerce Commission was strengthened to enable it to curb the power of the railroads.
He held positions with the Interstate Commerce Commission in the Inland Traffic Directorate and in the Freight Services Branch.
21 /PRNewswire/ -- Union Pacific Corporation (NYSE: UNP) today filed with the Interstate Commerce Commission supplemental support statements to its application to acquire the Southern Pacific Rail Corporation (NYSE: RSP).
Consumers never asked for an Interstate Commerce Commission to prevent new truckers from entering the business.
Those wholesalers that qualify as small businesses will have no liability, and larger wholesalers can challenge the claim with the Interstate Commerce Commission, which has shown leniency towards wholesalers in previous cases.
Cooper currently serves the National MS Society, pro bono, as National Independent Living Consultant, Special Consultant on Employment Initiatives, and as a member of our National Panel of Professional Advisors, following a distinguished career that included tenure at the Interstate Commerce Commission, where she served as Counsel to the Chairman, and supervised the work of fifty-two attorney&
In addition, the interstate Commerce Commission states that, if the material is classified as hazardous, it can be hauled only by carriers who meet certain requirements.