For instance, in Hollywood Sign Film--for Peg Entwistle (35MM interpositive dripped with holly berry juice, painted with pepper spray & silver dust using a great horned owl feather--illegally climbing on the Hollywood Sign performances by Shamim Momin, Mariah Csepanyi and Jwest, lit by headlamps, flash lights and police search lights), 2009, the longest in duration of the four sequential projections in this exhibition (though by no means the longest in title)--three shady figures, barely discernible behind a veil of jittering colors and textures, are seen clambering onto LA's iconic landmark.
What does IP stand for?
IP stands for Interpositive (photography)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IP
We have 112 other meanings of IP in our Acronym Attic
- International Pharmacopoeia
- International President
- International Priority (commerical carriage modality; FedEx)
- International Protection (CENELEC)
- International Provisioning (Sprint)
- Internet Protocol
- Internet Provider
- Internetworking Protocol (DEC)
- Interrupt Priority Register (Intel 8051 Microcontroller register)
- Interrupt Process (TELNET Protocol)
- Intersection Point
- Interstitial Pneumonia
- Intestinal Permeability
- Intoxicated Person (law enforcement)
- Intraperitoneal (area within peritoneal cavity containing abdominal organs)
- Investment Portfolio
- Investment Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
You made an answer print on film and you had to make an interpositive, then an internegative, and from the internegative, 8,000 prints were made for release.
This process, developed by the Chicago Albumen Works, essentially removes the image-bearing emulsion layer from the deteriorated base plastic, relaxes it, and duplicates it onto an interpositive or through digital scanning (Chicago Albumen Works, n.