This eagerly sougth compound -- called IRBP, for interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein -- can ferry retinoids across the moat, says IRBP co-discoverer Alice J.
What does IRBP stand for?
IRBP stands for Interphotoreceptor Retinoid-Binding Protein
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IRBP
We have 9 other meanings of IRBP in our Acronym Attic
- Intermediate-Range Ballistic Missile
- I'd Rather Be Naked (IRBN, Inc.)
- International Rice Blast Nursery
- International Rice Blast Nursery - Lowland
- International Rice Blast Nursery - Upland
- Infrared Bomb
- International Rice Boro Observational Nursery
- Imidazoline Receptor Binding Protein
- Immunoreactive Retinol-Binding Protein (endocrinology)
- Intercellular Retinoid Binding Protein (cell biology)
- Interstitial Retinol-Binding Protein
- Investor Relations Best Practice (Investor Relations Society; award; UK)
- International Rice Brown Planthopper Nursery
- Infiniti Red Bull Racing
- Instituto Rio Branco (Portugese)
- Internet Remarketing Business Roundtable (trade organization)
- Iguana Research and Breeding Station (est. 1997; Honduras)
- Institute of Reformed Baptist Studies (Escondido, CA)
- Intermediate-Range Booster System
- Internal Ribosome-Binding Site (biochemistry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Posterior uveitis, which results from inflammation of a part of the eye known as the uvea, is believed to result from an immune reaction against some of the antigens in the eye, specifically the S antigen protein (Sag) and the interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein (IRBP).