NHIN is being developed to provide a secure, nationwide, interoperable health information infrastructure that will connect providers, consumers, and others involved in supporting healthcare.
What does IHII stand for?
IHII stands for Interoperable Health Information Infrastructure (International Business Machines Corporation)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of IHII in our Acronym Attic
- International HL7 (Health Level 7) Interoperability Conference
- International Hospice Institute and College (now International Association of Hospice and Palliative Care)
- International Hydrocarbon Intercomparison Committee
- Indiana Health Information Exchange (est. 2004; Indianapolis, IN)
- Institute of Highway Incorporated Engineers (UK)
- Indiana Health Industry Forum
- International Hotel Investment Forum
- International Health Interest Group
- International Hydrogen Infrastructure Group (various organizations; alternative energy)
- Ice Hockey in Harlem (New York)
- In His Image Ministries (Keller, TX)
- Idaho Health Information Management Association
- International Heart Institute of Montana Foundation
- Industrial Hygiene Information Management System
- Ihi Marine United (shipbuilder; Japan)
- Irische Hunde in Not (German: Irish Dogs in Distress)
- In His Image Photography (Raleigh, NC)
- Individualized Home Instruction Plan (home schooling)
- Institute of Heavy Ion Physics (Peking University; China)
- Improved High Power Illuminator Radar
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Nationwide Health Information Network is the critical portion of the health IT agenda intended to provide a secure, nationwide, interoperable health information infrastructure that will connect providers, consumers and others involved in supporting health and healthcare.
Meanwhile, an interoperable health information infrastructure can enable physicians to obtain instantaneous information at the point of medical decision making and can enhance electronic communications among treating health professionals, he said.
NHIN was designed to provide a nationally secure, interoperable health information infrastructure that connects providers, consumers and medical staff.
To facilitate an open, public dialog about an interoperable health information infrastructure and recommend solutions instrumental in the design of a standardized system, the Governor's Office designated Qualis Health, a Seattle-based healthcare Quality Improvement Organization, to serve as the state's lead on the Health Information Privacy and Security Collaboration (HISPC).
The MHDC's work on this project is a great example of the key role communities play in advancing an interconnected, interoperable health information infrastructure that leads to better care.
A recent study from the Center for Information Technology Leadership estimates that the creation of a standards-based interoperable health information infrastructure could save the nation $86.
a Public-Private Collaborative: Originally convened by the Markle Foundation in September of 2002, the initiative had a nine month goal of serving as a catalyst for changes that would rapidly clear the way for an interoperable health information infrastructure.