IPTV is a system through which television services are delivered using the Internet protocol suite over a packet-switched network such as the Internet, instead of being delivered through traditional terrestrial, satellite signal and cable television formats.
What does IPS stand for?
IPS stands for Internet Protocol Suite
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of IPS
We have 861 other meanings of IPS in our Acronym Attic
- International Planetarium Society, Inc.
- International Policy Statement (Canada)
- International Preparatory School (various locations)
- International Production Services (various locations)
- International Programs Security
- International Property Show (est. 2005)
- International Pyrotechnics Society (est. 1980)
- Internet PrimeNet Server (parallel technology for the Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search, GIMPS)
- Internet Protocol Service (Sprint)
- Internet Protocol Storage Working Group (IETF)
- Internet Provider Security (Tag)
- Internet Provider Service(s)
- Internet Publishing System
- Interoperability Planning System (US DoD)
- Interpretive Programming System
- Interruptions Per Second
- Introductory Physical Science
- Intrusion Prevention Service (software)
- Intrusion Prevention Software (various companies)
- Intrusion Prevention System
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the Telegraph, known as 'flag day', it was the first time the US Department of Defence (DoD)-commissioned Arpanet network fully switched to use of the Internet protocol suite (IPS) communications system.
The Internet Protocol Suite from German embedded Internet specialist SEVENSTAX is now also available for Fujitsu s single- and twin-Ethernet (TwinMAC) ARM Cortex-M3 microcontrollers from the FM3 family.
The IPsec-WIT supports the current Internet protocol suite as well as the future addition of new functionality to the Internet Protocol suite (IPS) as the use of the Internet continues to increase.
The Internet Protocol (IP) is a protocol used for communicating data across a packet-switched network using the Internet Protocol Suite, referred to as TCP/IP.
This technology included TCP/IP, known today as an Internet protocol suite.
This real-time data distribution network is based on IP Multicast, replacing the existing Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to more effectively manage rapidly growing data volumes.
Reed, former vice president of research and development and chief scientist for Lotus Development Corporation and one of the early members of the committee that defined the Internet protocol suite TCP/IP.