MOSPF simplifies network configuration and change management for DLSw partners by implementing the Internet Group Membership Protocol.
What does IGMP stand for?
IGMP stands for Internet Group Membership Protocol
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of IGMP
We have 5 other meanings of IGMP in our Acronym Attic
- Implementation Guideline Markup Language
- Internationale Gesellschaft für Münzen und Medaillen der Reformation (German: International Association of Reformation Coins and Medals)
- Izba Gospodarcza Metali Niezelaznych (Polish: Polish Chamber of Commerce of Non-Ferrous Metals)
- I've Got My Orders
- Ignorant Moron
- Independent Graphics & Manipulation Organisation (software tutorials)
- Inter-Governmental Memorandum of Understanding
- Installation Generic Monitoring Plan
- Internet Gateway Message Protocol
- Internet Group Management Protocol (IP)
- Internet Group Message Protocol (networking)
- Internet Group Multicast Protocol
- Indiantown Gap Military Reservation (Pennsylvania)
- Institut für Gesundheits- und Medizinrecht (University of Bremen, Germany)
- Institute of Geology and Mineral Resources (national research organization in Mongolia)
- Institutio Generalis Missalis Romani (New Catholic General Instruction Roman Missal)
- International Guns, Missiles and Rockets
- Image Geometry Model Services
- Institute of Global Management Studies (Fox School of Business; Temple University; Philadelphia, PA)
- Integrated Genetic Map Service
Samples in periodicals archive:
Network General(TM) Corporation, the pioneer and global leader in enterprise application and network performance analysis, today announced the capability to decode the multicast protocols Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) and Internet Group Membership Protocol (IGMP) to help ensure smooth and timely delivery of information over those networks.
MOSPF, an extension to Proteon's Open Shortest Path Protocol (OSPF) implementation, simplifies network configuration and change management for DLSw partners by implementing the Internet Group Membership Protocol.
FlashStack implements IP Multicast, which conserves bandwidth by sending data to a selected group of users simultaneously, rather than to multiple users one at a time or to everyone on the network; and the Internet Group Membership Protocol (IGMP), an associated standard that lets individuals dynamically join or leave multicast groups.