The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN and BMW, for example, apply for domain names ending in .
What does ICANN stand for?
ICANN stands for Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ICANN
We have 4 other meanings of ICANN in our Acronym Attic
- International Congress of Asian and North African Studies
- Index of Certified Nurse Assistants Attitudes, Knowledge and Beliefs (questionnaire)
- Inspiring Children About Not Dropping Out (dance program)
- Instituto Colombiano de Antropología e Historia (Spanish)
- International Center for Advancing Neonatal Health
- Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Nuclear Medicine Laboratories (Columbia, MD)
- I Can Create A Nice Neighborhood
- Inland Counties Association of Neonatal Nurses (Riverside, CA)
- International Community Association of Nizhny Novgorod (Russia)
- International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks
- International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks and Genetic Algorithms
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nova Scotia (Canada)
- International Collaboration on Advanced Neutron Sources
- International Conference on Amorphous and Nanocrystalline Semiconductors
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of the Northwest Territories (Canada)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of New Zealand
- Insulation Council of Australia and New Zealand (energy efficiency)
- Improvements and Collision Avoidance (conference)
- Industrial Claim Appeals Office (Colorado Department of Labor and Employment)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario
Samples in periodicals archive:
Department of Commerce must love the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, because it is setting it free.
All of them are waving their cutlasses in outrage that the United States is refusing (for now) to relinquish its supervisory role over the private-sector, not-for-profit Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
ICANN, the international regulatory body for Web architecture, met here Monday to discuss expanding the list of top level domain names and a new generation of Internet protocol to adopt fundamental decisions on the biggest issues facing the Internet industry on a global scale," said ICAAN-based non-profit corporation, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers manages the Domain Name System and Internet Protocol addresses that form the technical backbone of the Web.
Critics have long charged the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, the authority that assigns domain names, with artificially choking off the number of possible Web addresses.
In 2002, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) Board of Directors selected ISOC's proposal from among 11 organizations bidding to operate the .
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) effectively broke the Latin alphabet's three-decade hold on Internet domain names.
For Syracuse University's Milton Mueller, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is too important not to have a bio, starting now.