Barr currently serves as Co-Chairman of the Board on the Internet Content Coalition (ICC) and on the board of the Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA) Internet Division.
What does ICC stand for?
ICC stands for Internet Content Coalition
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ICC
We have 1147 other meanings of ICC in our Acronym Attic
- International Critical Commentary
- International Cultural Center
- Internationales Congress Centrum Berlin (German convention center)
- Internet Call Center (Micron)
- Internet Career Connection (various locations)
- Internet Chamber of Commerce
- Internet Chess Club
- Internet Collaboration Center (Sprint)
- Internet Commerce & Communications (various locations)
- Internet Commerce Corporation
- Internet Control Center
- Internet Credit Card (online shopping)
- Internet Cubaweb Communications Corp. (Cuba)
- Internet Customer Care
- Internode Communication Channel
- Internode Communications Channel (SMP)
- Interoceanic Canal Commission
- Interoperability Certification Committee
- Intersegmental Coordinating Committee
- Intersite Communications Component
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the plaintiffs are gay and lesbian bookstore A Different Light; the American Booksellers Foundation for Free Expression; Condomania; Free Speech Media LLC; PlanetOut Corp; Salon Magazine and the Internet Content Coalition, which numbers among its members CBS New Media, Time I nc, The New York Times Electronic Media Company, CNet, Warner Bros Online, MSNBC, Playboy Enterprises, Sony Online and ZDNet.
As co-chairman of the Internet Content Coalition, a group of major online media companies, he's helping to craft guidelines that cover advertising links; advertorials; targeted ads (in which advertisers buy placement of their ad near a particular column or story); sponsored pages (in which advertisers pay to have their brand name on a page of editorial content); and other issues that directly affect a Web publication's credibility.
Kinsella and Wilhelm founded the Internet Content Coalition, a nonprofit association that grew to include the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, NBC, the Newspaper Association of America, Sony, MIT, MSNBC, The Weather Channel, Playboy, Ziff-Davis, AdWeek, CMP magazine group, Warner Bros.
White was joined at the announcement by representatives from SurfWatch and most of the companies sponsoring GetNetWise, including AltaVista, AOL, Ameritech, AT&T, Bell Atlantic, Commercial Internet eXchange, Disney Online, Excite@Home, IBM, Information Technology Association of America, Internet Alliance, Internet Content Coalition, Internet Content Rating Association, Lycos, MCI WorldCom, Microsoft, MindSpring.
TRUSTe's recent momentum comes on the heels of news that the Internet Content Coalition (ICC), a non-profit advocacy group for Internet content developers and distributors, agreed to jointly promote the TRUSTe program and its seal or "trustmark" as the industry standard for protecting consumer privacy on the Internet.
Banister is a founding member and current board member of the Internet Content Coalition, a nonprofit organization that focuses on the establishment of standards and practices for content, publishing, technology and commerce on the Internet.
Motro is actively involved in promoting the growth of the interactive industry and holds leadership roles in influential industry groups including the Internet Content Coalition, ITA Broadband PC Council, the Intercast Industry Group and the International Interactive Communications Society.