Preparatory Conference for the International Year of Ecotourism 2002 -- Guest Lecturer at the Muir Environmental Series - University of California -- Grunwald Award recipient - The Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies -- Tinker Foundation grant recipient -- Schoepflin International Fellow -- Active participant in Reaches Out community outreach organization -- Associate Editor, Journal of Environment and Development.
What does IYE stand for?
IYE stands for International Year of Ecotourism (2002; UN)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IYE
- If You Don't Like It You Can Freak Off and Die (polite form)
- If You Don't Mind
- If You Don't Mind My Asking
- International Year of Disabled Persons (1981)
- International Youth Development Study (University of Washington)
- Illinois Youth Dance Theatre
- International Young Democratic Union
- Ifetayo Youth Ensemble (est. 1989; Brooklyn, NY)
- In Your Eye (gaming clan)
- Indonesia Young Entrepreneurs
- International Youth Exchange
- Yemenia Yemen Airways (ICAO code)
- Indigenous Youth Employment Consultant (Australia)
- International Young Eagles Day (young aviators' club event; Oshkosh, WI)
- Institute for Youth Education and Families (National League of Cities; Washington, DC)
- Inspiring Young Emerging Leaders (San Francisco, CA)
- Izocam Yalitim Egitim Merkezi (Turkish insulation training center)
- International Youth Exchange Organization
- International Year for the Eradication of Poverty
- International Youth Education Program (Ghana)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As director of the International Year of Ecotourism program for The International Ecotourism Society (TIES), I had the opportunity to see these amazing sights.
The Welsh Meat Company will be forging links with agricultural delegates from across Europe when Snowdonia National Park play host to this year's Europarc conference which starts its three-day run tomorrow as part of the United Nation's International Year of the Mountains and International Year of Ecotourism.
The United Nations has declared 2002 as the International Year of Ecotourism, encouraging "responsible travel .
Eco-North 2002 Eco-Nord, a three-day ecotourism conference and the first Canadian event for the United Nations International Year of Ecotourism, will be held in Sudbury from Feb.
Mexico is a participating country in the International Year of Ecotourism (IYE) 2002, a joint campaign between the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) and the World Tourism Organization (WTO).
This is the International Year of Ecotourism (IYE), and never has there been a more intensive discussion about defining what green travel is, or more questions about how to certify it as both protective of natural areas and beneficial to indigenous communities.
QUEBEC -- The World Ecotourism Summit is the key event being of the International Year of Ecotourism.