1 (ANI): The International Women's Media Foundation (IWMF) has acknowledged and accepted that women journalists continue to face danger while reporting news from around the world.
What does IWMF stand for?
IWMF stands for International Women's Media Foundation (Washington, DC)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IWMF
We have 2 other meanings of IWMF in our Acronym Attic
- International Workers Memorial Day (April 28)
- International Workshop on Mobile Databases
- Integrated Weapons of Mass Destruction Toolset
- International Workshop on Model Engineering (conference)
- International Workshop on Models for Enterprise Computing
- Institute of Wetland Management and Ecological Design (India)
- Industrial Waste Management Facility
- Integrated Waste Management Facility
- Integrated Water Monitoring Framework (Australia)
- International Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia Foundation
- International Workshop on Microfactories
- International Waste Management Group (UK)
- Image World Media, Inc. (Singapore)
- Inferior Wall Myocardial Infarction
- International Water Management Institute (Sri Lanka)
- Industrial Waste Management Information System
- Insight Web Marketing Ltd.
- International Workshop on Machine Learning in Systems Biology
- Integrated Waste Management Local Task Force (Santa Cruz County, CA)
- Integrated Watershed Management Model
Samples in periodicals archive:
The International Women's Media Foundation gave Baniyaghoob its courage in journalism award in 2009.
edu/apply International Women's Media Foundation seeking regional coordinators The International Women's Media Foundation (IWMF) is soliciting proposals for regional coordinators to oversee research on the status of women's employment in news organizations in 15 geographic areas of the world.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] THE INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S Media Foundation (IWMF) held its annual Courage in Journalism Awards towards the end of 2008--an event that recognises women around the world who report under dangerous or difficult circumstances.
Michael Bloomberg presents the International Women's Media Foundation 2008 Courage in Journalism Award at the Waldorf-Astoria, 301 Park Ave.
Byline: Pajhwok Report Farida Nekzad wins courage award from IWMF Pajhwok Report - Jun 26, 2008 - 18:22 KABUL (PAN): Afghan journalist Farida Nekzad and Sevgul Uludag of Cyprus are declared winners of the famous Courage in Journalism Awards from the International Women's Media Foundation Farida Nekzad, 31 is the managing editor of Pajhwok News Agency and vice president of the South Asia Media Commission.
Recently, the International Women's Media Foundation honored her with one of the organization's annual Courage in Journalism Awards.
About the IWMF Founded in 1990, the International Women's Media Foundation is a vibrant global network dedicated to strengthening the role of women in the news media worldwide as a means to further freedom of the press.