With special messages from: Arianna Huffington , President and Editor-in-Chief, The Huffington Post Media Group; Cherie Blair , Founder, The Cherie Blair Foundation for Women; Angela Dean , Director, Global Business Development at Partner Africa; Ben Stone , CEO, Indego Africa; Ruma Bose , Serial Entrepreneur, Business Executive, Philanthropist and Author; Jill Iscol , President, IF Hummingbird Foundation; Sarah Brown , President, PiggyBankKids, Global Patron of the White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood; Michelle Bachelet , Executive Director of UN Women, Former President of Chile; Minna Salami , Founder, MsAfropolitan blog and Boutique; Ambassador Melanne Verveer , Ambassador-at-Large, Global Women's Issues; and Francoise Girard , President, International Women's Health Coalition.
What does IWHC stand for?
IWHC stands for International Women's Health Coalition
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IWHC
We have 2 other meanings of IWHC in our Acronym Attic
- International Working Holidays (New Zealand; employment agency)
- Internationalen Wissenschaftsforum Heidelberg (German: International Science Forum Heidelberg; Germany)
- Irish Wolfhound (dog breed)
- International Walking Horse Association
- International Water History Association
- Isle of Wight Housing Association (UK)
- I Would Have Been Your Daddy
- I Would Have But You Did
- Improved Weapons Handling Capability
- Inland Wilderness Hunt Club (San Diego, CA)
- Irish World Heritage Centre (est. 1984; UK)
- International Workshop on Hypermedia Design
- International Workshop on Health Data Management
- Indian Women Hockey Federation
- International Workshop on HPC and Grid Applications
- Ireland West Holiday Homes
- I Would Hit It
- International Wildlife Health Institute (Fort Collins, CO)
- International Workshop on Human Interface Technology
- International Women and Health Meeting
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] This rallying call was drafted in December 2011 by an inter-generational group of more than 30 feminist activists convened in Mexico City by Realizing Sexual and Reproductive Justice (RESURJ), the International Women's Health Coalition (IWHC) and Development Alternatives with Women for a New Era (DAWN).
uk> * The working group included members from the following organisations: CREA (India): Caroline Earle, Sunita Kujur, Geeta Misra; Girls Power Initiative (Nigeria): Bene Madunagu, Grace Osakue; International Planned Parenthood Federation (UK): Doortje Braeken; IPPF/Western Hemisphere Region [USA]: Jessie Clyde, Denise Kohn; International Women's Health Coalition (USA): Kelly Castagnaro, Corinne Whitaker; Mexfam (Mexico): Ofelia Aguilar; Population Council (USA): Nicole Haberland, Deborah Rogow.
KELLY CASTAGNARO Director of Communications, International Women's Health Coalition
The reporting requirement in practice, in the field, means that people are likely to believe that they have to put more money - not less - into abstinence only and fidelity programmes," said Adrienne Germain, president of the International Women's Health Coalition.
According to the International Women's Health Coalition (IWHC): Sexual health means having a responsible, satisfying, and safe sex life.
In an editorial, Beth Frederick of the International Women's Health Coalition called unsafe abortion "a public health crisis" that will kill tens of thousands of women this year, and said more than $1 billion annually may be needed to treat complications.
The bill has support from a number of public health groups, including APHA, the International Women's Health Coalition, Planned Parenthood Federation of America and American Association of University Women.