Dr Jane Rogers, Member of the Coordinating Committee of the International Wheat Genome Sequencing Consortium and Director of BBSRC's The Genome Analysis Centre, said, "The public release of the wheat genome data will be a useful resource for scientists and the plant breeding community and will provide a foundation to identify genetic differences between wheat varieties.
What does IWGSC stand for?
IWGSC stands for International Wheat Genome Sequencing Consortium
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Interagency Working Group on NanoScience, Engineering and Technology
- International Working Group on Ostrinia (pest management)
- Interagency Working Group on Ocean Observations
- International Working Group on Rotational Seismology (Munich, Germany)
- Ikebukuro West Gate Park (novel and TV series)
- International Wrestling Grand Prix
- Intersecretariat Working Group on Price Statistics (UN)
- Industry Working Group on Quarantine (Australia)
- Integrated Waste Gas System
- International Waterlily and Water Garden Society
- Interagency Working Group on Sustainable Development Indicators
- International Working Group Support Office (Japan)
- International Workshop on Galileo Time
- International Workshop on Genotoxicity Testing (cells)
- International Workshop on Grapevine Trunk Diseases (University of Cailfornia, Davis)
- International Workshop on Genotoxicity Test Procedures
- International Working Group on Value Theory (European economics)
- I Was Here
- Instantaneous Water Heater
- Institute for Women's Health
Samples in periodicals archive:
INRA is helping to lead the International Wheat Genome Sequencing Consortium (IWGSC), which was established in 2005 with a goal of obtaining the complete sequence of the genome for wheat.