For example, the term "uncertainty" is used to characterize "the dispersion of values that could reasonably be attributed" to a measured quantity (quotation from the International Vocabulary of Basic and General Terms in Metrology, published by the International Organization for Standardization).
What does VIM stand for?
VIM stands for International Vocabulary of Basic and General Terms in Metrology
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VIM
We have 74 other meanings of VIM in our Acronym Attic
- Vancouver Island Lesbians in Progress Society (Canada)
- venous insufficiency of the lower limbs
- Village (Canada Post road designation)
- Vermont Interactive Learning Network
- Viadrina International Law Project (offers collection of international treaties in German and Polish; European University Viadrina Frankfurt, Germany)
- Victoria International Leadership Programme (Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand)
- Vancouver Island Lesbian Resources (British Columbia, Canada)
- Virtual Instructor Led Training (online education)
- Victorian Indonesian Language Teachers Association (Australia)
- Vancouver Island Land Use Plan (Canada)
- Vacuum Induction Melted
- Vandals in Motion (gaming clan)
- Veal Issues Management (Meshoppen, PA)
- Vector IMaging
- Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance (emissions regulation)
- Vehicle Interface Module (various companies)
- Vehicule D'intervention Medicalise (French)
- Veilig Incident Melden (Dutch: Safety Incident Report)
- Velocity Interface Mezzanine
- Vendor Information Management
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ISO International Vocabulary of Basic and General Terms in Metrology (VIM)  defines calibration as follows:
The International Vocabulary of Basic and General Terms in Metrology (the VIM) (2) defines measurement but not test or testing.