The Permanent Delegate of the Russian Federation to UNESCO Eleonora Mitrofanova, the Executive Secretary of UNESCO's International Basic Sciences Programme (IBSP) Maciej Nalecz, and the President of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) Professor Nicole Mareau were also in attendance at the signing ceremony.
What does IUPAC stand for?
IUPAC stands for International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (Research Triangle Park, NC)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of IUPAC in our Acronym Attic
- Interconnect User Part
- Interim Update Package
- Internet Utility Provider (a type of Highly Engineered Solution)
- Intervascular Ultrasound Program
- Intraureteral Pressure (biology)
- Intrauterine Pregnancy
- Intrauterine Pressure
- Institut Universitaire de Peche et d'Aquaculture (French: University Institute of Fishing and Aquaculture)
- International Union of Police Associations
- International Union of Pure and Applied Biophysics
- International Union of Pure & Applied Physics
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- Ijin Usaha Penjualan Berjenjang
- International Union of Photobiology
- Institute on Urban Policy and Commerce (Florida A&M University)
- Inter-University Purchasing Committee (school laboratory gas purchases; UK)
- Intrauterine Pressure Catheter
- Indiana University Police Department
- International Unidentified Personal Encounter Authority (est. 2010)
- International Urban Planning and Environment Association (Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Three promising young chemists have received funding to travel to international conferences as part of the Canadian National Committee of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (CNC-IUPAC) travel awards program: Dennis Hore, assistant professor in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Victoria, will use his award to participate in the 19th European Conference on Polymer Spectroscopy in Prague, Czech Republic, July 2013.
Paul is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the American Society of Agronomy, Soil Science Society of America and International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry.
The pair were found through atom-smasher experiments called cross-bombardments, according to research published by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry and in cooperation with a US team based at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, smashed calcium together with plutonium to make 114, and calcium with curium for 116.
The review was conducted by a joint working party of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) and the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP).
These celebrations come in accordance with the UN General Assembly resolution during its 63rd meeting in 2008 and in response to an invitation from the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) and UNESCO to celebrate the year 2011 as an international year for chemistry under the title "Chemistry is our Life and Future" Fadi Allafi /Mazen Eyon International Copyright 2006-2011, SANA Provided by Syndigate.
IYC was developed under the auspices of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC).
The layout of the Periodic Table is reviewed and maintained regularly by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry.