He was a man of grand projects: editor-in-chief of the 52-volume Traite de Zoologie (1950-1987), author of the comprehensive treatise Termitologia (1982-1986), one of the two founding fathers of the International Union for the Study of Social Insects (IUSSI), organizer and president of international conferences, expounder on large scientific questions, and all-around center of attention.
What does IUSSI stand for?
IUSSI stands for International Union for the Study of Social Insects
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IUSSI
We have 1 other meaning of IUSSI in our Acronym Attic
- Indiana University Student Personnel Association
- Instituto Universitario Salesiano Padre Ojeda (Spanish: Father Ojeda Salesian University Institute)
- If You Say So
- Immediate-Use Steam Sterilization
- Institute for Advanced Study (also seen as IAS)
- Integrated Undersea Surveillance System
- Integrated Underwater Surveillance System
- Integrated Unit Simulation System
- International Union of Soil Sciences
- Institute of Ulster-Scots Studies in the United States (now Center for Ulster Migrations, Cultures and Societies; Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University)
- International Union of Soil Sciences (global organization)
- International Union for the Scientific Study of Population
- Indo-US Science and Technology Forum
- International University for Science and Technology (Damascus, Syria)
- Iran University of Science and Technology (Tehran, Iran)
- Institut Universitaire des Systèmes Thermiques Industriels
- International Union of School and University Health and Medicine (Sweden)
- Integrated Undersea Warfare
- International Union of Sex Workers
- Irish University Swimming and Waterpolo Association (Ireland)