Brazil has had a number of catastrophic floods in recent years, and elsewhere in the world such flood insurance losses are largely reinsured to prevent an accumulation of losses that might overwhelm domestic insurers," stated David Matcham, CEO, International Underwriting Association of London.
What does IUA stand for?
IUA stands for International Underwriting Association of London (formerly London International Insurance and Reinsurance Market Association; UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IUA
We have 40 other meanings of IUA in our Acronym Attic
- Intermediate Unit 8 (Pennsylvania)
- Image Understanding Architecture
- Individual Unemployment Account
- Individual User Authentication (Cisco)
- Ingres Users Association (various locations)
- Institut Universitari de l'Audivisual
- Instituto Universitario Aeronáutico (Argentina Air Force University)
- Instrument Unit Avionics (various organizations)
- Integrated Unit of Analysis (South Africa)
- International Underwriting Association
- International Union of Academies
- International Union of Architects
- International University Audentes (Estonia)
- International University of Africa (Sudan)
- Internet Use Agreement (education)
- Intra-Uterine Adhesion (reproduction)
- Irish Universities Association
- ISDN Q-921-User Adaptation Layer
- ISSE User Agent
- Illinois Uniform Arbitration Act
Samples in periodicals archive:
A Crisis Response Protocol has been agreed between the two main underwriter groups--the International Underwriting Association of London and the Lloyd's Market Association.
The insurers involved include the International Underwriting Association of London and the Lloyd's Market Association and the agreement includes establishing standard formulation for aviation insurance policies and clauses, Reuters reported.
A joint committee of Lloyd's, the International Underwriting Association of London and the Lloyd's Insurance Brokers Committee, has unveiled radical steps to overhaul market practices in London, attempting to increase the market's global competitiveness by removing frictional problems stemming from traditional procedures.
People think that this is the year that rates will turn," said Marie-Louise Rossi, chief executive of the International Underwriting Association of London.