The International Undertaking on Plant Genetic Resources 2.
What does IUPGR stand for?
IUPGR stands for International Undertaking on Plant Genetic Resources (UN Food and Agriculture Organization)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Institute on Urban Policy and Commerce (Florida A&M University)
- Inter-University Purchasing Committee (school laboratory gas purchases; UK)
- Intrauterine Pressure Catheter
- Indiana University Police Department
- International Unidentified Personal Encounter Authority (est. 2010)
- International Urban Planning and Environment Association (Germany)
- International Union for Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine
- Indo-US Parliamentary Forum (India)
- Installable Unit Package Format
- Innocent Until Proven Guilty
- Interuniversity Programme in Hydrology
- International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology
- International Union of Pharmacology
- Izin Usaha Pemanfaatan Hasil Hutan Kayu (Indonesian: Forest Plantation Wood Production Permit)
- International University of People's Institutions for Peace (Rovereto, Italy)
- Independent Union of Professional Journalists (Bosnia)
- Inter-University Program for Latino Research
- Infectious Units per Million cells
- International Union for the Protection of Nature (now the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources, IUCN)
- Indiana Underground Plant Protection Service
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1983, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations ("FAO") adopted the International Undertaking on Plant Genetic Resources ("IUPGR").
The issues of access to germplasm and benefit sharing from germplasm exchanges continue to be the subject of a long-term negotiation of the International Undertaking on Plant Genetic Resources that is under the auspices of the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture.