The International Trade Union Confederation, which has 175 million members in 153 countries, has threatened to call on its affiliates to boycott the construction of facilities and infrastructure Qatar needs to host the 2022 World Cup.
What does ITUC stand for?
ITUC stands for International Trade Union Confederation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ITUC
We have 6 other meanings of ITUC in our Acronym Attic
- Independent T1 Users' Association
- Information Technologies of Ukraine (software development companies)
- Intrusion Tolerance by Unpredictable Adaptation
- IBM (International Business Machines Corporation) Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager (software)
- Implantable Telemetric Unit for Biomedical Research
- Indian Trade Union Congress
- Indonesian Trade Union Confederation (Indonesia)
- Information Technology United Corporation
- Information Technology User's Council
- Integrated Territorial and Urban Conservation (workshop)
- Independent Trade Union Centre of Kazakstan
- Integral Tanker Unit Deployment (USAF)
- Electronic Document Service of the ITU
- Institute for Transforming Undergraduate Education (University of Delaware)
- International Tandem Users Group
- International Telecommunications User's Group
- International TurboCAD Users Group (software users' group)
- Iowa Telecommunications Users Group
- Isolation Technology Users Group
- International Trade Union House (Brussels, Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The International Trade Union Confederation is already said to be ready to mobilise workers and football fans with the campaign 'No World Cup in Qatar without labour rights' if Qatar does not provide safe conditions for those working on construction sites.
We can expect an internet totally different to today's open and global system," said Sharan Burrow, general secretary of the International Trade Union Confederation, which represents 175 million workers worldwide.
After voicing support by major countries like Britain, France and Russia, the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) lauded the government's efforts to reinstate dismissed workers in connection with last year's regrettable incidents.
The Brussels-based International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) has announced that the government of Bahrain has done a great work in rehabilitating the workers dismissed following the unrest of 2011 and ensuring their labour rights within the law.
In France on November 3, NNU and other PSI members will join with the International Trade Union Confederation and other allies, including Oxfam, in a colorful action at the G-20 Summit in Cannes where nurses will take symbolic emergency measures and inject an FTT to resuscitate the ailing global economy.
The International Trade Union Confederation said in a statement that about 2,000 workers who took part in the protests had been fired, including 22 local trade union leaders.
CUMHURIYET ---------- PROTEST GOES BEYOND BORDERS International Trade Union Confederation will hold a demonstration to support workers of Tobacco and Liquor Administration (TEKEL).