Comparison of demographics was obtained from the five major subarachnoid hemorrhage trials: the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (Molyneux et al.
What does ISAT stand for?
ISAT stands for International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ISAT
We have 63 other meanings of ISAT in our Acronym Attic
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (India)
- Information and Advisory Service on Appropriate Technology
- Information Science and Technology
- Initial Surface Absorption Test
- Innovative SBR (Space-Based Radar) Antenna Technology (DARPA ACTD)
- Institut Supérieur de l'Automobile et des Transports (French: Higher Institute of Automotive and Transportation)
- Integrated Science and Technology (degree program; various universities)
- Integrated Situation Awareness and Targeting
- Integration of Safety Analysis Techniques for Process Control Systems
- Interim Software Acceptance Test
- Invite, Show, And Tell
- International Symposium on Advanced Transportation Applications
- International Symposium on Automotive Technology and Automation
- Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol (IETF)
- Independent Starfleet Academy Training Center for Internet Security (computer hacking demo)
- Information Services and Advanced Technology Division
- International Students' Association of Tamil Eelam (Sri Lanka)
- International Studies in Aquatic Tropical Ecology (Master degree program; University of Bremen; Germany)
- International Symposium on Assembly and Task Planning (IEEE)
- Information System ADP Tracking System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Subsequently, the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (8) compared coiling versus surgical clipping for aneurysms in 2134 patients with ruptured intracranial aneurysms (World Federation of Neurosurgeons Grades I and II) and established the endovascular technique as the preferred treatment for selected cerebral aneurysms.
The International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT) looked at 2 143 patients randomised to coiling or clipping and was stopped early when it became clear that the relative risk reduction for poor outcome (death or dependency) for coiling versus clipping was 24% (95% CI 12 - 33%).
The multicenter randomized study of the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial sets new standards for intracranial aneurysm treatment indicating advantage of endovascular coiling over surgical clipping.
The 500-patient, independently-run, multicenter, multinational 18-month trial was the first comparative adjudicated study completed since the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT) was presented in 2002.
Compelling evidence from the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT) demonstrates that minimally invasive endovascular coiling produces better overall outcomes for patients suffering from ruptured brain aneurysms than neurosurgical clipping.
This multicenter, multinational trial was the first comparative adjudicated study completed since the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT) was presented in 2002, and showed an overall improvement in coiling aneurysms, with a substantially lower 1 year 3.
During the recently held ASNR meeting in Vancouver, Canada, Andy Molyneux, MD principal investigator of ISAT, the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial, announced the premature discontinuance of patient enrollment into the study.