There are two staging systems for myeloma, the international staging system and the Durie-Salmon staging system.
What does ISS stand for?
ISS stands for International Staging System (myeloma)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ISS
We have 687 other meanings of ISS in our Acronym Attic
- International Settlement System
- International Shakuhachi Society (Japanese bamboo flute)
- International Shaw Society (est. 2002)
- International Shorebird Survey (Manomet Observatory, Manomet, MA)
- International Skeletal Society
- International Soccer Superstar (video game)
- International Social Service (Switzerland)
- International Society of Surgery
- International Software Solutions (various locations)
- International Space Station
- International Student Survey
- International Students and Scholars (various schools)
- International Summer School (various locations)
- International Superstar Soccer (gaming)
- International Supply Services (Portsmouth, VA)
- International Survivalist Society
- International Switching Symposium
- Internet Search Service(s)
- Internet Security Scanner
- Internet Security Systems, Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
The tool is conveniently separated into specific topic areas for quick information retrieval and covers the most common clinical features of multiple myeloma at presentation; recommended laboratory tests for diagnosis, prognosis and risk-stratification, including the roles of the serum free light chain assay, definitions of myeloma and related monoclonal gammopathies; a basic diagnostic algorithm; International Staging System and the International Myeloma Working Group Uniform Response Criteria among other features.
The case was regarded as stage IIIB according to prognostic Dude Salmon staging system and stage III according to the International Staging System (ISS) for MM (18), (19).
The new International Staging System (ISS) provides a simple prognostic factor alternative to the Durie and Salmon clinical staging system used for more than 25 years.