Once considered one of the least threatened species of dolphin 20 years ago the boto has now made it on to the endangered list, says the International Society for the Preservation of the Tropical Rainforest, whose Preservation of the Amazonian River Dolphin project works to encourage their safety from hunters and chemicals being dumped in the river.
What does ISPTR stand for?
ISPTR stands for International Society for the Preservation of the Tropical Rainforest (California)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- International Society for the Psychology of Science and Technology
- Iranian Seminar on Polymer Science and Technology
- Industry Superannuation Property Trust (Australia)
- Instituto Superiore Poste e Telecommunicazioni (Italian Superior Institute for Post and Telecomunications)
- Integral Scientist Periodic Table (software)
- Intelligence Support Processing Tool
- International Society of Professional Trackers
- Issue Source Processing Time
- Irish Surgical Postgraduate Training Committee (Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland)
- International Society for the Prevention of Tobacco Induced Diseases (Germany)
- In-Store Pickup
- Indeks Standar Pencemar Udara (Indonesian: Air Pollutant Standards Index)
- Institute for Social Policy and Understanding (Clinton TWP, Michigan)
- International Schnauzer Pinscher Union (dog club)
- Ivanovo Sate Power University (Russia)
- Internet Scientific Publications, LLC
- International Scientific Publishers
- International Soybean Processing and Utilization Conference
- Initial Slow Phase Eye Velocity
- Innovative Software Products of Virginia (Seafood, VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
``I can go down into the Valley floor, where it's 105 degrees, and come back here - and there is literally 15 degrees, sometimes 20 degrees, difference because of the habitat I've created,'' said Newman, co-founder and president of the nonprofit International Society for the Preservation of the Tropical Rainforest and an author and sometime-TV expert on rain forests.