David Bourland, a student of Korzybski, served as president of the International Society for General Semantics, and trustee of the Institute of General Semantics.
What does ISGS stand for?
ISGS stands for International Society for General Semantics (est. 1943)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ISGS
We have 9 other meanings of ISGS in our Acronym Attic
- Islamic Society of Greater Portland (Portland, OR)
- International School of the Gothenburg Region (Sweden)
- Islamic Society of Greater Richmond (Virginia)
- International Society on General Relativity and Gravitation
- INTEGRAL (International Gamma-Ray Astrophysics Laboratory) Soft Gamma-Ray Imager
- In Situ Gamma Ray Spectrometry (soil studies)
- Illinois State Genealogical Society (Springfield, IL)
- Illinois State Geological Survey
- Integrated Starter/Generator System
- International Society for Gender Studies (Japan)
- International Society for Gesture Studies (University of Texas at Austin)
- International Sol-Gel Society (est. 2003)
- Internet Stained Glass Supply (Sierra Stained Glass Studios, Inc; Modesto, CA)
- IMASE Scenario Generation Tool
- Intranodal Salivary Gland Tissue (oral medicine)
- Islamic School of Greater Toledo (Toledo, OH)
- Israeli Society of Gene & Cell Therapy (est. 2002)
- International Symposium on Gamma Titanium Aluminides
- Italian Study Group for Turner's Syndrome
- International Science Grid This Week (Batavia, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He has been president of the Illinois Gas company, the International Society for General Semantics, the Pritikin Research Foundation, San Francisco Films, and the American Humanist Association, as well as editor of The Humanist.
San Francisco: International Society for General Semantics.
The following excerpt is taken with thanks from Pula's Guide for the Perplexed: A general semantics Glossary by Robert Pula, published by the International Society for general semantics, California.
Hayakawa, newly-arrived from Chicago, led the International Society For General Semantics and edited its quarterly journal, "ETC," assisted by many of his students.
Concord, CA: International Society for General Semantics.
I didn't know the International Society for General Semantics was just across the bay in San Francisco or that my life would soon become deeply involved with the Society.
San Francisco, CA: International Society for General Semantics, 1991; Paul Dennithorne Johnston, D.