The International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) recommends that osteoporosis be diagnosed in postmenopausal women and men aged 50 and older if the lowest level of the T-score of the femoral neck or the total upper femur or the lumbar spine is -2.
What does ISCD stand for?
ISCD stands for International Society for Clinical Densitometry
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ISCD
We have 29 other meanings of ISCD in our Acronym Attic
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (Mumbai, India)
- Information Systems Command Contracting Office
- International Society of Consumer and Competition Officials
- International Satellite Cloud Climatology Project
- Integrated Solar Combined Cycle System
- International Symposium on Communications, Control and Signal Processing
- Integrated Services for Children Division (Canada)
- Interface Switching Capability Descriptor
- International School of Colour and Design (Australia)
- International Skating Club Davos (Switzerland)
- International Society for Community Development (New York, NY)
- International Society for Computerized Dentistry
- Iterative Source-Channel Decoding (digital communcations)
- Illinois Staff and Curriculum Developers Association
- International Sweet Corn Development Association
- Interoperability Standards Central Database
- Iranian Stem Cell Donor Program (Iran)
- International Stop Continental Drift Society (geology)
- Indian School Certificate Examinations
- Indian Society for Community Education (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Adding in the results of the peripheral scan moved seven patients (23% of the normal group) out of the normal range and increased the numbers of osteopenic and osteoporotic patients, the investigators reported in a poster presentation at the annual meeting of the International Society for Clinical Densitometry.
Luckey said at the annual meeting of the International Society for Clinical Densitometry.
Sensitivity and specificity of peripheral systems compared with central DXA for detecting osteopenia and osteoporosis generally does not meet International Society for Clinical Densitometry recommendations.
Miller, a world-renowned osteoporosis researcher, is the founding President of the International Society for Clinical Densitometry, and a Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO.
About the International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) The ISCD is a 7,000 member non-profit multidisciplinary professional society dedicated to excellence in the assessment of skeletal health.
Watts reported in a poster presentation at the annual meeting of the International Society for Clinical Densitometry.
Paul Miller said at the annual meeting of the International Society for Clinical Densitometry.