The event at Lowther Estate, near Penrith, is the fourth International Sheep Dog Society (ISDS) world trials and the first time the prestigious competition has been staged in England.
What does ISDS stand for?
ISDS stands for International Sheep Dog Society (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ISDS
We have 80 other meanings of ISDS in our Acronym Attic
- Information Screening and Delivery System (US Navy)
- Information Screening and Display Subsystem
- Information Systems and Decision Sciences
- Information Systems Defense & Space
- Integrated Service Delivery System
- Integrated Shipboard Self Defense System
- Intelligence Shared Data Server
- Intelligence Support Display System
- Interagency Subcommittee on Disability Statistics
- International Serials Data System (UNESCO)
- International Society for Disease Surveillance
- International Switched Digital Services
- Investor State Dispute Settlement (international trade)
- Invitation to Submit Detailed Solution (EU)
- Inter-State Defence and Security Committee (South Africa)
- Insulated Steel Door Systems Institute
- International Sustainable Development Studies Institute (Thailand)
- International Society for Decision Support Systems
- Information Services Development Team
- Information Systems Design Theory
Samples in periodicals archive:
Many trials were now taking place and it was decided to form a Sheep Dog Society nationwide which is now the International Sheep Dog Society (ISDS) based in Bedford.
uk CAPTION(S): The Welsh National sheepdog trials are a casualty of the crisis - it will be rearranged when animal movement curbs have been eased; Ellis Wyn Edwards, Wales president of the International Sheep Dog Society
Tim Longton, International Sheep Dog Society English president head of the World Trials organising committee, said: "The countdown the 2011 World Trials is now well truly on.
In addition to finding a course that would meet with the approval of the International Sheep Dog Society, they had to embark on major fundraising.
Meirion Owen, president of the International Sheep Dog Society, said the trials were a showcase for the stars of the future.
Byline: Karen Dent MORE than pounds 35,000 has been pledged in sponsorship for this autumn's International Sheep Dog Society (ISDS) World Sheep Dog Trials in Cumbria.
Norman Lorton,of the International Sheep Dog Society,believes women now have more of an opportunity in a sport which was once seen as the domain of working farmers.