KABUL (PAN): The International Security Assistance Force commander on Friday extends congratulations to the new US ambassador to Afghanistan.
What does ISAF stand for?
ISAF stands for International Security Assistance Force (UN program)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ISAF
We have 30 other meanings of ISAF in our Acronym Attic
- Indiana Society of Association Executives Foundation
- Individual Student Alternative Education Plan (Virginia)
- International Society for the Advancement of Emergy Research (Wakefield, RI)
- International Symposium on Antarctic Earth Sciences
- International Symposium on Asphalt Emulsion Technology
- I Swallowed A Fly (from the Judy Blume novel, Fudge-a-Mania)
- Independent State Allied Forces (Ace Combat 4 game)
- Information Security Awareness Forum
- Interactive Strategic Analysis Framework
- International Sailing Federation
- International Shark Attack File
- International Stabilization Force
- International Symposium on Applications of Ferroelectrics
- Israeli Air Force
- Indian Springs Air Force Aux (Nevada)
- Indian Springs Air Force Air Field
- Indian Springs Air Force Base (Nevada)
- Independent South Asian Film Festival (Seattle, WA)
- International Symposium on Animal Functional Genomics
- Indonesian Students Association for International Studies
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: Chief of Staff of the armed forces Lt General Hamad Mohammed Thani Al Rumaithi received in Abu Dhabi, on Sunday, General John R Allen Commander, International Security Assistance Force -- Afghanistan and United States Forces -- Afghanistan.
Three troops from the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF-led insurgency, 100,000 of them from the United States.
Kabul, March 30 (BNA) -- Two more soldiers with the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) were killed Tuesday, bringing to five the number of military alliance casualties in a single day, ISAF said in a statement on Wednesday.
NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said the gunman was also killed, but gave no details and said an Afghan-ISAF investigation had been opened.
Petraeus, Commander International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) called on Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani at General Headquarters on Wednesday.
No US and no ISAF military personnel were killed or injured" in the incident, a spokesman for NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) added.
s International Security Assistance Force, told The Times newspaper that victory was a matter of "straightforward force ratios".