Thus, there are chapters on English media coverage of the massacre, personal writings of Americans in Nanjing, American diplomatic records, British diplomatic documents, and the activities of the International Safety Zone.
What does ISZ stand for?
ISZ stands for International Safety Zone
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ISZ
We have 1 other meaning of ISZ in our Acronym Attic
- International Student/Young Pugwash
- Information System for Youth Services (processing system; Maryland Department of Juvenile Services)
- Institute for the Study of Youth Sports
- Instituto Sun Yat-Sen (Spanish: Sun Yat-Sen Institute; Panama; Chinese cultural center)
- Intelligent Systems Research Group (Madrid, Spain)
- Iowa State Youth Soccer Association
- Information System Control
- Integrated System Control
- Ice Station Zebra (film)
- In Situ Zymography (molecular pathology technique)
- International Society of Zooculturists (now Zoological Association of America)
- International School of Zug and Luzern (Zug, Switzerland)
- International School Zurich North
- Informacneho Systemu Zivotneho Prostredia (Slovak: Environmental Departments Information System Project)
- International Society of Zoological Sciences
- Internet Szolgáltatók Tanácsa (Hungarian: Council of Hungarian Internet Providers)
- Iconoclastic Titans (Quake 3 CTF Clan)
- Icy Tower (game)
- Ignition Transformer
- Iliotibial Band
Samples in periodicals archive:
We owe much to the Nanking International Safety Zone Committee, whose missionaries, such as George Fitch, James McCallum, and John Magee, eloquently chronicled their observations on film as well as in reports and diaries.
Within the city, the resident Europeans met and determined to form what became known as the International Safety Zone, a district surrounding the embassies and other foreign properties, and comprising less than four square miles (one sixth of the area within the city walls).