The project will also include expertise from sub-awardees International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), World Vegetable Center (AVRDC), International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), University of California (UC), David and PARC.
What does IRRI stand for?
IRRI stands for International Rice Research Institute (Philippines)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IRRI
We have 7 other meanings of IRRI in our Acronym Attic
- International Reconstruction Fund Facility for Iraq
- Information Reports Requirements Focal Point
- Illinois Renewable Resources Group (North Riverside, IL)
- International Revenue Recovery Group (Seattle, WA)
- Ionising Radiations Research Group
- Industrial Relations Research Institute (Wisconsin)
- Initial Response Readiness Inspection
- Institut Royal des Relations Internationales
- International Renewable Resources Institute (Mexico)
- International Resources and Recycling Institute (est. 2005)
- International Rice Research Institute - Blast Nursery
- Institut Royal des Relations Internationales - Koninklijk Instituut Voor Internationale Betrekkingen
- InterRisk Research Institute & Consulting, Inc. (Japan)
- Integrated Risk Reduction of Information-Based Infrastructure Systems (EU)
- Integrated Response and Recovery Information System (US FEMA)
- Intelligent Road/Rail Information System
- Irrigation Technologies
- Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka (online gaming)
- Interdisciplinary Robotics Research Laboratory (est. 2004; Vassar College; Poughkeepsie, NY)
- International Response and Recovery Liaison (Church World Service)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Supported by the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), the Global Alliance for Improved Nutriton (GAIN) and the German Development Institute (DIE), this initiative aims to improve the rice value chain and nutrition in Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam, the main Southeast Asian rice-producing and -consuming countries.
The International Rice Research Institute is working with leading nutrition and agricultural research organisations to develop golden rice as a potential method to reduce vitamin A deficiency in the Philippines and Bangladesh.
Rice farmers should cut the use of pesticides that kill the natural predators of the planthopper, one of the most destructive pests of the key crop, the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI-based IRRI helped launch the 1970s "Green Revolution" in agriculture, lifting millions of Asians out of poverty through heavy use of pesticides.
He will also visit the International Rice Research Institute in Los Banos, attend a Vietnam-Philippines business luncheon and have separate meetings with Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile, Speaker Feliciano Belmonte, and Asian Development Bank President Haruhiko Kuroda.
The International Rice Research Institute said the global rice market was delicately balanced as the grain had managed to avoid huge price rises thanks to stable weather in rice growing regions.
About five years ago, the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) worked extensively with several African countries and, as early as then, these countries identified a need for further rice development.
A September report by the International Rice Research Institute said Asian countries need to sharply increase rice stocks to improve food security.