The largest solar photovoltaic (PV) plant in Africa is established by International Renewable Energy Agency (Irena) by by the government of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania and Masdar, the renewable energy company of Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates.
What does IRENA stand for?
IRENA stands for International Renewable Energy Agency (est. 2009; intergovernmental agency)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Interdisciplinary Research Environment for Motion Analysis (Arizona State University)
- Institut de Recherches et d'études sur le Monde Arabe et Musulman
- Improved Remotely Monitored Battlefield Sensor System
- International Review of Mechanical Engineering
- Inter Regional Electric Market Model
- Initiative for Rural Emergency Medical Services (University of Vermont; Burlington, VT)
- INFOSEC Research and Engineering Network
- Institutional Real Estate Newsline (online newsletter)
- Inter Region Economic Network
- Iowa Research and Education Network
- Image, Reconstruct, Erase Noise, Etc. (sound recording)
- Iniziative Ricerche Esperienze Nuova Europa (Italian: Experience New Europe Research Initiatives; Milan, Italy)
- Institut de Recherche et d'Enseignement sur la Négociation en Europe (French: Institute for Research and Education on Negotiation in Europe)
- Institute for Research and Education on Negotiation in Europe (est. 1995)
- Integrated Resources for Evaluating Numerical Estimates (software)
- International Restructuring Education Network Europe (labor organization)
- Inter Religious Encounter Information Consultancy
- Indian Real Estate Opportunities (Fund)
- Infrared Electro-Optical
- Incremental Reduced Error Pruning (algorithm)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) on Sunday welcomed the news that the largest solar photovoltaic (PV) plant in Africa was inaugurated by the Government of Mauritania and Masdar, the renewable energy company of Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Abu Dhabi: The International Renewable Energy Agency (Irena) has welcomed the launch of Shams 1, known to be the world's largest operational Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) facility to date.
Rashid Ahmed bin Fahad, the Director of the International Renewable Energy Agency, Adnan Z.
Amin, director-general for the International Renewable Energy Agency and Maria van der Hoeven, executive director of the International Energy Agency.
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) aimed at strengthening collaboration on sustainability efforts.
Muscat, Nov 12 (ONA) --- The Sultanate represented by the Public Authority for Electricity and Water (PAEW) will take part in the 2nd meeting of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) Board, due to be held in Abu Dhabi, UAE on November 13th and 14th.
Abu Dhabi was confirmed on Tuesday as the permanent seat of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA).