He has earlier met with UNIFIL Commander, General Luciano Portolano, in a first between the two men, since the appointment of the latter on top of the international peacekeeping force in south Lebanon.
What does IFOR stand for?
IFOR stands for International Peacekeeping Force
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IFOR
We have 7 other meanings of IFOR in our Acronym Attic
- Interstitial Fluid Oncotic Pressure
- l'Institut Français d'Opinion Publique
- International Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva Association
- International Friends of Puerto Escondido (Mexico)
- Implementation Force
- Inertial Frame of Reference
- Intelligent Forces
- Interagency Forum for Operational Requirements
- International Fellowship of Reconciliation
- International Force (less common)
- Institut de Formation de Recherche et de Promotion (French: Training Institute for Research and Promotion)
- Interphone Resumed Operation
- International Federation of Operational Research Societies
- Innovative Fiber Optic Solutions (est. 2001; Middletown, OH)
- International Federation of Ophthalmological Societies (San Francisco, CA)
- International Federation of Oto-Rhino-Laryngological Societies (est. 1965)
- International Festival of the Sea (UK)
- International Fish Oil Standards (Ontario, Canada)
- It's Five O'Clock Somehwere
- International Federation of Small and Medium Enterprises
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is also clear that the current international peacekeeping force is not sufficient to restore order and protect the Muslim community.
For his part, the Defense Minister pointed out that a list of the peacekeeping forces had been prepared to organize the mechanism of dispatching and working within the international peacekeeping forces in various areas of armed conflict in the world.
Commenting on the role of the SCO for establishing peace in region, he said US would ultimately leave Afghanistan and there is a need of bringing some international peacekeeping force excluding NATO, ISAF and America to maintain security in that country.
The incident occurred without coordination with the international peacekeeping forces UNIFIL and the Lebanese army, which sent a patrol to the area to follow up and monitor the Israeli action.
The introduction of police forces in Kyrgyzstan may become a repetition of the "Kosovo" and "South Ossetian" scenario, that led to the division of the country and the permanent presence of international peacekeeping forces to be introduced after a group of international police force of 52 people, said the head of "Ak Shumkar Kut" youth movement Aibek Buzurmankulov at a press conference in AKIpress on July 22.
There are more than 100,000 UN soldiers within the international peacekeeping forces," he said.
GUNMEN have killed five Rwandan soldiers in a series of attacks on the international peacekeeping force in Darfur.