Coauthors with the International Palm Society and theWertheim Conservatory at Florida International University updatethe authoritative volume with documentation of every genus in thefamily and detailed descriptions of 825 species.
What does IPS stand for?
IPS stands for International Palm Society
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IPS
We have 861 other meanings of IPS in our Acronym Attic
- Interactive Proof System (computational complexity theory)
- Interface and Power Subsystem
- Interface Performance Specification
- Interface Problem Sheet
- Intergraph Public Safety
- Interim Payment System
- Interim Policy Statement
- Intermittent Positive Control (NASA)
- Internal Pipe Size (internal diameter of a pipe)
- Internal Product Specification
- International Paperweight Society
- International Parcel Service (King of Queens)
- International Parrotlet Society
- International Partner Search (US DOC)
- International Passenger Survey
- International Payments Summit (trade show)
- International Peace Studies (various schools)
- International Philosophical Seminar (Italy)
- International Pipe Standard
- International Placement Services (est. 1981)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He also has an active interest in palms and cycads and is a member of the International Palm Society and the Cycad Society.
Because of the rarity of many of his palms and the cost of acquiring a large collection on a small budget, almost all have been grown from seed, often from the seed bank of the International Palm Society.