As the world's largest producer of uranium ore, Kazakhstan is ideally placed to host the first international nuclear fuel bank.
What does INFB stand for?
INFB stands for International Nuclear Fuel Bank
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of INFB
- Infant Formula Action Coalition
- Irish National Federation Against Copyright Theft (Dublin, Ireland)
- Internet Naval Facilities Assets Data Store
- Institut für biomedizinische Analytik und. NMR-Imaging GmbH
- International Festival of Alternative and New Theatre
- Iroquois Night Fighter And Night Tracker
- InstitutoNacional da Farmácia E Do Medicamento (Portugal, pharmaceuticals)
- Industria Farmaceutica Sociedad Anónima (Guatemala)
- International Forum on Assessing Sustainability in Agriculture
- Inflight Balancing (propellors; US Air Force)
- Isolated Noise Filter Bank (audio equipment)
- Infantry Board
- Infantry Brigade
- International Network of Forests and Communities
- International Network of Freud Critics
- Iraqi National Foundation Congress (est. 2004)
- Irish National Folk Company (Dublin, Ireland)
- Indigenous Nations Federal Charter Association (Norman, OK)
- International Nuclear Fuel Cycle Evaluation
- International Nuclear Fuel Cycle Evaluation Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tauscher reminded that the Administration also convened the 2010 Nuclear Security Summit and "helped secure and relocate vulnerable nuclear materials, led efforts to establish an international nuclear fuel bank, and increased effective multilateral sanctions against both Iran and North Korea".
3 Kyodo Member states of the International Atomic Energy Agency agreed Friday to establish an international nuclear fuel bank of low-enriched uranium.
President Obama thanked President Nazarbayev for his offer to host an International Nuclear Fuel Bank and expressed his support for Kazakhstan's intention to become a member of the IAEA Board of Governors.
Gore believes that the international nuclear fuel bank idea is a nonstarter.
The idea of an international nuclear fuel bank was raised by the United States and the United Nations as a block against moves by the Islamic state to develop a nuclear bomb.
Aa But Obama has praised ElBaradei for his proposal to set up a secure international nuclear fuel bank to help ensure uranium doesn't fall into the hands of rogue nations or terrorists.
4 metric tons of highly-enriched uranium for down-blending for use in an international nuclear fuel bank.