Most of the risk loci are close to "immunologically relevant" genes, many of which point to T-cell differentiation in the pathogenesis of the disease, according to researchers from the International Multiple Sclerosis Genetics Consortium and the Wellcome Trust Case Control Consortium 2.
What does IMSGC stand for?
IMSGC stands for International Multiple Sclerosis Genetics Consortium
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- IS-41 Message Security Forum
- Israeli Mediterranean Spotted Fever
- Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund (Camp Pendleton, CA)
- IM Systems Group, Inc.
- Information Management System Group
- Informational Message
- Institutional Mortgage Service Group (Countrywide Credit Industries, Inc.)
- International Marketing and Sales Group (Moscow, Russia)
- International Metals Study Group
- Iraqi Media Safety Group (advocacy and training)
- In My So Humble Opinion
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- International Masters Swimming Hall of Fame
- Idaho Maximum Security Institution
- Incident Management Systems Integration Division (US DHS and FEMA)
- Information Management Systems, Inc.
- Integrated use of new Microwave Satellite data for Improved ice mapping
- Intelligent Multi-Sensor Integration
- International Maple Syrup Institute (Ferrisburgh, VT, USA)
- International Mathematical Sciences Institutes
Samples in periodicals archive:
This is the largest MS genetics study ever undertaken and includes contributions from almost 250 researchers as members of the International Multiple Sclerosis Genetics Consortium and the Wellcome Trust Case Control Consortium.
Oksenberg, who is a member of the strategy group of the Society-funded International Multiple Sclerosis Genetics Consortium (IMSGC), is convinced that genetics will lead to more personalized treatments.