THURSDAY was International Mother Language Day, a date set up by Unesco to celebrate and promote awareness of linguistic and cultural diversity and multilingualism across the globe.
What does IMLD stand for?
IMLD stands for International Mother Language Day
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IMLD
We have 2 other meanings of IMLD in our Acronym Attic
- Interdisziplinaeres Modulares Lehrsystem Architektur Bauwesen (German: Interdisciplinary Modular Teaching System Architecture Construction)
- International Meeting on Lithium Batteries
- Incomplete Mitral Leaflet Closure (echocardiography)
- Infantry Mortar Leader Course (US Army)
- Institute of Modern Languages and Communication (Multimedia University; Malaysia)
- Intermediate Management and Leadership Course (Royal Air Force)
- International Malaysia Law Conference
- International Money Laundering Conference
- International Muslim Leaders Consultation
- Incomplete Maximum Likelihood Decoding (coding theory)
- Information Management Leadership Development Program (Johnson and Johnson)
- In My Limited Experience
- Institute for Middle Level Education (Ashland University; Ashland, OH)
- Interactive Multimedia Learning Environment
- Iterative Maximum Likelihood Estimator
- Indiana Middle Level Education Association (Indianapolis, IN)
- Interactive Multimedia Local Exchange Carrier
- International Model Locomotive Efficiency Competition (est. 1969)
- International Manufacturing Leaders Forum (Australia)
- Interim Measures for Local Government Act (South Africa)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1999, Unesco recognised the struggle and now the whole world celebrates International Mother Language Day on February 21, marking the right of all people to their respective mother tongues.
It was declared as the International Mother Language Day by Unesco on November 17, 1999.
The Lebanese University, in cooperation with the Lebanese National Commission for UNESCO, held Tuesday a seminar entitled "Arabic language and its role in building a culture for children and adolescents" to mark International Mother Language Day celebrated on Feb.
Summary: ABU DHABI - The Bangladeshi community on Tuesday observed the International Mother Language Day across the UAE.
She said that in her message on the International Mother Language Day being commemorated under the auspices of United Nations Tomorrow.
The International Mother Language Day is marked annually on February 21, said the press service of Bishkek Mayor's Office.
FALAK KABIR DOHA THE Bangladeshi embassy observed the National Martyrs' Day and International Mother Language Day on Monday.