describe international mobile telecommunications (IMT) advanced access networks and how they will be able to satisfy the ever increasing demand for mobile data.
What does IMT stand for?
IMT stands for International Mobile Telecommunications
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of IMT
We have 236 other meanings of IMT in our Acronym Attic
- Interactive Media Technologies (various organizations)
- Interactive Multimedia Training
- Interface Maintenance Testing
- interMedia Text (Oracle database product)
- Intermediate Management Training (professional development)
- International Marine Transportation Ltd. (Exxon Mobil)
- International Marxist Tendency (aka Committee for a Marxist International)
- International Medical Team
- International Military Training
- International Military Tribunal (post-WWII)
- International Mobile Telephony
- Internet Marketing Technology (various organizations)
- Internet Montana
- Interpolation-Matching Technique
- Interstellar Master Traders (James Blish "Cities in Flight" SF series)
- Intestinal Microbiota Transplantation
- Intima-Media Thickness
- Invertible Matrix Theorem (mathematics)
- Investment Management Techniques (course)
- Irish Medical Times
Samples in periodicals archive:
The notices allege that the operators' pricing constituted an abuse of dominance in the international mobile telecommunications market, and breached the conditions of competition provided for by the Telecommunications Law.
The notices allege the operators' pricing constituted an abuse of dominance in the international mobile telecommunications market," it said in an emailed statement.
Under the new regulations, the 450-470 MHz band will be cleared and allocated to deliver fixed and mobile services, including the full range of International Mobile Telecommunications (IMT) services nationwide in Brazil.
China's three largest telecommunications service providers, China Mobile, China Unicom, and China Telecom, as well as Samsung, Motorola, LG, K-Touch, Yulong, Huawei, and other Chinese and international mobile telecommunications equipment manufacturers, have come to Binhai to participate in this electronic information exhibition, which stands out as a grand event in the Bohai Economic Circle.
International mobile telecommunications analyst and owner of the Danish company Strand Consult John Strand commented to LETA that the Baltic States "have too many mobile operators.
In all, these technologies fall under the International Telecommunications Union's (ITU's) generic name of International Mobile Telecommunications 2000 (IMT-2000).
Next-generation mobile phone systems will be based on IMT-2000 -- short for International Mobile Telecommunications 2000, the two said.