In fact, early this year the United States voted with Iran and Zimbabwe to block the International Lesbian and Gay Association and a second gay rights watchdog group from becoming U.
What does ILGA stand for?
ILGA stands for International Lesbian and Gay Association
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ILGA
We have 8 other meanings of ILGA in our Acronym Attic
- Independent Label Group (record industry)
- Industria Licorera Guatemalteca SA (Guatemala liquor industry)
- Institute for Local Government (est. 1955)
- Internetowa Liturgia Godzin (Polish: Liturgy of the Hours Online)
- Irish Linen Guild
- New Castle Airport, Wilmington, DE (Airport Code)
- Illinois General Assembly
- Institute of Local Government Association
- Integer Lattice Gas Automata
- Inter-Local Government Agency
- Italian Ladies Golf Association
- Institute for Local Government Administration and Rural Development (Ohio University; Athens, OH)
- Inland Links Golf Club
- International Lesbian and Gay Cultural Network
- International Liaison Group for Engineering Education
- Insulin-Like Growth Factor
- International Leather Goods Fair (India)
- International Liaison Group of Government Railway (European network)
- International Lesbian and Gay Human Rights Commission (New York)
- Informal Local Governance Institutions (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA) was suspended in 1994 from consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council, because its members include the pedophilic North American Man/Boy Love Association.
He was recently elected to the European board of the International Lesbian and Gay Association.
The presence of the Belgium-based International Lesbian and Gay Association at the United Nations-organized conference was opposed by member Muslim countries.
The International Lesbian and Gay Association of Portugal, the city's oldest gay and lesbian organization, is only five years old itself, and it was just four years ago that at its behest, the enterprising Celso Junior, a Brazilian-born artist, improvised a retrospective of gay films by screening his personal videotape collection--marking the birth of the Lisbon film festival.
Several sources, including the International Lesbian and Gay Association, have compiled nation-by-nation surveys of conditions for gays and lesbians around the world.
Once people know you are gay, life is hell," Li said in a statement at the 16th International Lesbian and Gay Association conference, held in New York City in 1994.