In addition to Heads of States and Government expected to address the Assembly, the President of the International Court of Justice, the President of the UN Security Council, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Administrator of the UNDP, The Executive Director of the UN office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) and the Chairperson of the International Law Commission have also been invited to address the session.
What does ILC stand for?
ILC stands for International Law Commission (United Nations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ILC
We have 231 other meanings of ILC in our Acronym Attic
- Interleaver Card
- Intermediate Level of Care (health care)
- Intermediate Load Cycle (NASA)
- Intermodal Logistics Center (aka Inland Port; Riviera Beach, FL)
- International Labor Conference
- International Land Coalition
- International Language Centre
- International Language Conference
- International Languages and Cultures (various universities)
- International Latex Corporation
- International Leadership Conference
- International Learning Centre (Thailand)
- International Leased Carrier
- International Level Class (sailing)
- International Library of Criminology
- International Licensed Carrier
- International Linear Collider
- International Lions Club
- International Lisp Conference
- International Lodging Corporation (Spain)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He has also been a member of the International Law Commission since 2002.
Since taking office, HE the Attorney-General, has presided over many international and regional conferences in addition to being a member of the International Law Commission since 2002.
Al-Araby, who has been named foreign minister earlier today, served as judge at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) until February, 2006, member of the International Law Commission of the United Nations (1994-2004), judge at the Judicial Tribunal of the Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries (OAPEC) in 1990, and commissioner at the United Nations Compensation Commission in Geneva (1999-2001).
The Ministry of External Affairs has informed that the two persons are Peter Tomka, Vice President of the International Court of Justice and Professor Lucius Caflisch, an international Legal expert of repute and Member of the International Law Commission.
He is a Professor Emeritus at Humboldt University in Berlin, and has also served as a member of the UN Human Rights Committee, president of the International Law Commission and chair of the Guatemalan Historical Clarification Commission.
In September, Attorney-general Petros Clerides commissioned a legal opinion from a group of international jurists, which included members of the International Law Commission, a former judge of the UN Administrative Tribunal, an Emeritus Professor of Public International Law at Oxford University and a former judge at the International Court of Justice.
Virtually every Kosovar has a nightmare story to tell," Michael Wood, a member of the English Bar and International Law Commission, said, on behalf of the Kosovo authorities.