It made the unions happen, specifically the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union.
What does ILGW stand for?
ILGW stands for International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union (est. 1900)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Inscriptiones Latinae in Graecia Repertae (Latin; scholarly publication)
- Illinois Gay Rodeo Association (Chicago, IL)
- Inter-Departmental Liaison Group on Risk Assessment
- Illinois Gourd Society
- Index-Linked Government Security (UK)
- Institute of Local Government Studies (Center for American and International Law; Texas)
- Integrated Logistics System
- Indian Lattice Gauge Theory Initiative (India)
- Irish Ladies Golf Union
- Impulsora Lechera Guatemalteca (Guatemala, dairy industry)
- International Ladies' Garment Workers Association
- I Love God With All My Heart
- International Ladies Garment Workers Union
- International Lesbian and Gay Youth Organisation (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- I Love Her/Him
- Idiopathic Laryngeal Hemiplegia (veterinary medicine)
- Immanuel Lutheran Home (church)
- Inova Loudoun Hospital (Leesburg, VA)
- Integration Level Hierarchy
- International League of Humanists (Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After 1935, however, the more bureaucratically organized International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union (ILGWU) took command of labour organization, steered workers away from radicalism, and pacified female activism.
Wolensky provides a detailed chronological account of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union (ILGWU) chorus in Pennsylvania, from its inception in 1947.
Coming to power in the '30's In 1932, David Dubinsky was elected President of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union.
Call on Raynor to Stop "Crocodile Tears" NEW YORK -- Today, members of the Retired Officers of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union (ILGWU), an organization established by retired ILGWU officers and organizers more than 50 years ago, released an open letter to the American Labor Movement setting the record straight about the original assets and legacy of the ILGWU.
32) Believing that the Department of Labor's action lifting the total ban in the five industries was arbitrary and capricious, the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union filed suit challenging the regulations.
It was formed last month through a merger of two of the nation's oldest and most venerable unions -- the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union (ILGWU) and the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers' Union (ACTWU).
This past February, ACTWU announced a proposed merger with the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union (ILGWU), to be ratified by members of both unions at conventions to be held in June 1995.