It is noted with interest that many publications from the Institute of Education (INSTED) and the International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilization (ISTAC) at the International Islamic University in Malaysia do just that and act as a fine model for academics seeking to understand how to create such a model.
What does IIIT stand for?
IIIT stands for International Institute of Islamic Thought (USA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IIIT
We have 4 other meanings of IIIT in our Acronym Attic
- International Institute for Infrastructure Renewal and Reconstruction (University of Calgary; Canada)
- Institute for Integrated and Intelligent Systems (Griffith University; Australia)
- Institute for International Integration Studies (University of Ireland; Dublin, Ireland)
- Institutional Investor Information Service (est. 1995; Australia)
- International Institute of Informatics and Systemics
- Institute for Imagination and Innovation in Science Education
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (Hyderabad)
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (Delhi, India)
- Institute for Industrial Information Technology (UK)
- International Institute of Information Technology (Hyderabad; formerly Indian Institute of Information Technology)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (India)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Bangalore
- If It Is to Be It Is Up to Me
- Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad (India)
- India Institute of Information Technology and Management (Gwalior, India)
- Indian Institute of Jewellery (est. 2004; India)
- Indo-Iranian Journal
- Industrial Ink Jet (printing technology)
- International Institute for Journalism
- Internet Initiative Japan Inc. (Internet service provider)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mosque Survey 2011 include: The Hartford Institute for Religion Research (Hartford Seminary), the Association of Statisticians of American Religious Bodies (ASARB), the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the Islamic Society of North American (ISNA), the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA), and the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT).
Alas, this exercise in the promotion of mutual understanding between Christians and Muslims got off to a rough start when friends of the university discovered that half the money for the Chair will be put up by the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT), a Virginia-based agency that was cited as an un-indicted co-conspirator in the trial of Sami al-Arian, an Islamist activist, who served a 57-month prison sentence in the United States for conspiring to channel funds to the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ), a designated terrorist group in the United States and Canada.
El-Naggar, Sources of Scientific Knowledge: The Geological Concept of Mountains in the Qur'an (Herndon: The Association of Muslim Scientists and Engineers and The International Institute of Islamic Thought, 1991).
In this regard, Voll mentions the International Institute of Islamic Thought in Herndon, Virginia, the International Islamic University in Malaysia, and the Islamic Foundation in the United Kingdom (note might also have been taken of the School of Islamic and Social Sciences in Leesburg, Virginia).
International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT); 4.
Kuala Lumpur: International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilization (ISTAC), especially Chapters III, V, VI, VII and the Epilogue.
1995), International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilization, Kuala Lumpur; see also "Ibn Sina--Al-Biruni Correspondence", trans.