Mitchell, a native of Toronto, is an associate at the International Institute for Sustainable Development and is a frequent guest speaker on environmental issues.
What does IISD stand for?
IISD stands for International Institute for Sustainable Development
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IISD
We have 17 other meanings of IISD in our Acronym Attic
- International Integrated Supply Chain (evaluates manufacturers)
- Islamic Information Society of Calgary (Canada)
- Islamic Information and Support Centre of Australia
- International Institute for the Study of Culture and Education (University of Lower Silesia; Wroclaw, Poland)
- Initial Ionic State Configuration Interaction
- Indian Iron and Steel Company
- IOLTA Immigration Service and Case Report Form
- Ingham Intermediate School District (Mason, MI)
- International Indian School, Dammam (India)
- International Industrial Security Directorate (Canada)
- International Institute for Sustained Dialogue (Washington, DC)
- Irving Independent School District (Irving, Texas)
- Industrial Informatics and Systems Engineering
- Institute for International Studies in Education
- Institute of Information Sciences and Electronics (University of Tsukuba; Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan)
- International Institute for Special Education (India)
- International Institute for Species Exploration (Arizona State University; Tempe, AZ)
- International Institute for the Study of Englishness (international conference)
- International Institute of Seismology and Earthquake Engineering (Japan)
- Intel International Science and Engineering Fair
Samples in periodicals archive:
With insignificant oil reserves of its own, Jordan has been forced to contend with a subsidized fuel bill that was estimated at $1 billion in 2008, nearly 14 percent of the kingdom's total annual budget, according to a report by the International Institute for Sustainable Development.
The inspiration for the UNEP strategy is a document entitled The UNEP We Want, written by Mark Halle, the director of trade and investment for the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), an environmental research organization.
Mark Halle, a director at the International Institute for Sustainable Development, said the true impact of aviation emissions on global warming was actually closer to 4%, because the aircraft release their emissions at high altitude where they cause more warming.
More information: International Institute for Sustainable Development, www.
This shortlist is symbolic of the critical role that NGOs play in promoting sustainable practices across the globe," said David Runnalls, President and Chief Executive Officer, International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) and Chairman of the Adjudication Panel.
The storm caused more than 10,000 deaths; according to Conserving the Peace: Resources, Livelihoods and Security, a 2003 collection of case studies published by the International Institute for Sustainable Development, the subsequent flooding and landslides wiped out more than 2,000 potable water systems in Honduras and Nicaragua alone, left millions without dependable drinking water, and forced 2 million people from their homes.
Kira Schmidt, a former intern at the Worldwatch Institute, writes for the International Institute for Sustainable Development.