The Committee recognized the important work done by three international standards development organisations: the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC), Technical Committee 211 of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO/TC 211) and the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO).
What does IHO stand for?
IHO stands for International Hydrographic Organization
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IHO
We have 33 other meanings of IHO in our Acronym Attic
- I Hate New York
- Impartial Hearing Officer
- Impeded Harmonic Oscillation
- Imperial Hotel, Osaka (Osaka, Japan)
- In Honor Of
- Industrieverband Hygiene und Oberflächenschutz Für Industrielle und Institutionelle Anwendung eV (German industrial union of hygiene and surface protection for industrial and institutional application)
- Inorganic Halogen Oxidizer
- Institute of Human Origins (Arizona State University)
- Integrated Health Care Organization
- Intermediate Home Office (various organizations)
- Illinois Hockey Officials Association
- International House of Blogcakes
- International House of Blues Foundation
- Indian Housing Operating Cost Study (Champaign, IL)
- International Healthcare Opportunities Clearinghouse
- International House of Coffee, Inc.
- Investment House of Canada (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Ionic High Osmolar Contrast Media
- Intergalactic House of Daleks (Texas)
- In the Hands of the Fishers (workshop series; est. 1999; Mangrove Action Project)
Samples in periodicals archive:
John Masulovic met with the director of the International Hydrographic Organization Mustafa Iptesom, regarding the membership of Montenegro in the international hydrographic organization.
The International Hydrographic Organization also refers to it as the "Persian Gulf".
Muscat, June 21 (ONA) --- The Royal Navy of Oman (RNO) participated with the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) and other authorities concerned with the hydrographic field in marking the World Hydrographic Day which falls on June 21st every year.
In the spring of 2000, the International Hydrographic Organization declared the Southern Ocean the world's fifth ocean.
In August, Japan was surprised to learn that the ''Sea of Japan'' designation had been eliminated in a draft guideline of the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO), which is responsible for harmonizing nautical charts and documents.
For more than 10 years, he has been the NOAA representative on the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) Committee on ECDIS.
On the occasion of admission of Montenegro to IHO, Acting Director General for multilateral affairs and regional cooperation Damir Grbovic met with Director of International Hydrographic Organization IHO Mustafa Iptes.