A Vienna court sentenced the 43-year-old former employee of the International Helsinki Federation for Human Rights to three years in prison, the Austria Press Agency reported.
What does IHF stand for?
IHF stands for International Helsinki Federation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IHF
We have 85 other meanings of IHF in our Acronym Attic
- Indian Hockey Federation (New Delhi, India)
- Industrial Health Foundation
- Ingénieurs Hospitaliers de France (French: Hospital Engineers of France)
- Inhibit Halt Flip-Flop
- Institute of High Fidelity
- Integrated Hands Free (telephones)
- Integrated Hazard Function
- Integration Host Factor (DNA associated protein)
- International Handball Federation
- International Health Foundation
- International Historic Films (Chicago, IL)
- International Hockey Federation
- International Hospital Federation
- Inventory History File
- Inverse Hyperbolic Function
- Irish Hospice Foundation (Dublin, Ireland)
- Israel Histradut Foundation
- Israel Humanitarian Foundation
- International Helsinki Federation for Human Rights (Vienna, Austria)
- Idaho Housing and Finance Association (Boise, ID)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The International Helsinki Federation for Human Rights warns the persecution of activists in Uzbekistan has worsened since May 2005 when security forces sprayed machine gun fire on unarmed demonstrators in Andijan.
The International Helsinki Federation for Human Rights and the Human Rights Society of Uzbekistan claimed that up to 1,000 unarmed civilians have been killed in the unrest, and another 2,000 injured.
Rights Group Says Western Europe Violates Religious Liberty The International Helsinki Federation, a human rights group, has issued a report criticizing several Western European nations for increasing violations of religious freedom rights.