95 JZ1160 Researchers at the Institute for Peace Research and Security Policy at the University of Hamburg describe different approaches for studying the effectiveness of international governmental organizations, non-governmental organizations, public-private partnerships, military intervention, international sanctions, human rights promotion, and monetary aid.
What does IGO stand for?
IGO stands for International Governmental Organization
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IGO
We have 49 other meanings of IGO in our Acronym Attic
- I've Got Nothing to Say
- Interim Government of National Unity (Liberia)
- Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (Ministry of Rural Development)
- In Good Order (verifying documents)
- Industrial Gas Oil
- INMARSAT Geostationary Overlay (Telcordia)
- Inside Gamer Online (video game website)
- Inspector General's Office
- Inter-Governmental Organization
- International Gatka Organisation
- Iowa Geocachers Organization
- Issues, Goals, and Objectives
- Indexed Geometric Orifice Area (prosthesis)
- Immigration Guardian of Children Act (Australia)
- Industry Government Overview Committee (Canada)
- Interim Government Operations Center (Florida)
- International Gathering of Champions (Christian conference)
- Italo-Greek Orthodox Church
- International Guild of Disabled Artists and Performers (Auckland, New Zealand)
- International Global Ocean Exploration
Samples in periodicals archive:
The GECF is an international governmental organization that brings world's leading gas producers together to increase the level of coordination and strengthen the collaboration among member countries.
COMSATS is an international governmental organization based in Islamabad in Pakistan.
The agency is also part of several international governmental organizations that share their research to identify security improvement efforts that meet mandated requirements related to Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12), Federal Information Processing Standard 201 (FIPS 201) and the Personal Identity Verification (PIV) of federal employees and contractors.
He addresses two main questions, whether the doctrine of personality, heretofore only understood to apply to nation-states and international governmental organizations, is sufficient for theorizing the normative legal position of non-state actors in general and INGOs in particular and whether the evolution of relative personality acquired by international governmental organizations is theoretically or practically relevant in the case of INGOs.
The Resolution urges President Obama to engage in further discussion about the future of Internet governance, as well as to oppose the transfer of Internet control to the United Nations or any other international governmental organization.
Speakers from various key international governmental organizations, such as: the United States Federal Trade Commissioner, Director of E-Commerce from Ministry of Bermuda, FBI Cybercrime Division Supervisor, law professors, law firms' partners and attorneys from Belgium, China, Colombia, Germany, India, Italy, Nigeria, U.
They consider whether directly deliberative polyarchy is a suitable democracy model for European social policy, the free movement of people and the European Court of Justice, pension policies recommendations of the European Union and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development and the national policies in Norway and Britain, and what role international governmental organizations might play in global health policy.