UNITED NATIONS: The UN Economic and Social Council voted Monday to accredit the US-based International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission after strong lobbying by the Obama administration.
What does IGLHRC stand for?
IGLHRC stands for International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (since 1991; San Francisco)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of IGLHRC in our Acronym Attic
- International Gay and Lesbian Cultural Network
- International Grand Lodge of Druidism
- International Great Lakes Datum
- Institute of Gay and Lesbian Education (Hollywood, CA)
- Industrial Guarantee and Loan Fund
- Issa and Gurgura Liberation Front (Ethiopia)
- International Gay and Lesbian Football Association
- International Gay Lesbian Gymnastics Union
- Institutio Generalis Liturgiae Horarum (Latin: General Instruction for the Liturgy of the Hours)
- International Gay and Lesbian Hockey Association
- International Grain Legume Information Centre (Nigeria)
- International Gay and Lesbian Ice Hockey Association
- Iowa Great Lakes Kennel Club (American Kennel Club)
- Iowa Great Lakes Lutheran School (Spencer, IA)
- Installation, Garrison, Local and Major (Training Areas)
- Isoleucine-Glycine-Leucine-Methionine Amide
- Installation, Garrison, Local & Major Training Areas
- India Global Logistics Network
- Individual Gauge for Localized Orbitals (chemistry)
- Informal Group of RTD Liaison Offices (Brussels, Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
“You cannot screen pornographic material to your followers and then want to argue that you are upholding society's morals,” Monica Mbaru, from the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission, told the news service.
International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission, 19 December 2008.
During a panel discussion, Paula Ettrick, executive director of the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC), discussed the coming "showdown with religion," especially targeting Pope John Paul II's statement condemning homosexual marriage.
Allowing International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission at Human Rights Roundtable The entire General Assembly spent almost three hours on the morning of the first day on whether a representative of the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC, based in San Francisco and New York) could sit on a round table on human rights -- after about nine governments, apparently led by Egypt, objected because she represented a gay organization.
com comes in tandem with a growing acceptance of alternative lifestyles in the region, according to Alejandra Sarda, of the San Francisco-based International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission.
“This is yet another indication that gay men and those perceived to be gay are in grave danger in Senegal,” Cary Alan Johnson, executive director of the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC), said in a statement.
And the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission announced in March that it would not participate in WorldPride because of concerns that many Arab gays and lesbians may not be allowed to cross the border into Israel for the event.