1942 Jim Kepner begins collecting gay-themed books that will become the basis of the International Gay and Lesbian Archives.
What does IGLA stand for?
IGLA stands for International Gay and Lesbian Archives
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IGLA
- Instituto Gregoriano de Lisboa (music school in Lisbon, Portugal)
- Integrated Global Logistics (various locations)
- Intelligence Gain/Loss (US DoD)
- Intergeniculate Leaflet
- Internal Guidance Line
- Interoperable Ground Data Link
- Investors Guaranty Life Insurance Company (subsidiary of Farmers Insurance Group)
- Iron Glove League (gaming clan)
- Illinois Girls Lacrosse Association
- International Gay & Lesbian Aquatics
- Integrated Ledger Accounting System
- Immunoglobulin Lambda Constant
- Instituto para a Gestão das Lojas do Cidadão (Portugal)
- International Group for Lean Construction (est. 1993)
- Indian Gaming Local Community Benefit Committee (California)
- International Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (Canada)
- International Gay and Lesbian Cultural Network
- International Grand Lodge of Druidism
- International Great Lakes Datum
- Institute of Gay and Lesbian Education (Hollywood, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The International Gay and Lesbian Archives, started by Kepner, and the One Institute merged in 1994.
As our rolled-up ABSOLUTELY QUEER posters, glass jars full of PRIDE buttons, and copies of OutWeek enter university collections (such as the One Institute International Gay and Lesbian Archives at the University of Southern California), it's worth celebrating the times when each of these items played a very real part in very busy lives and in the long struggle that brings us together once again on the Washington Mall.