Earlier, African Union has spoken out that it will not allow losing the command and control of the proposed Neutral International Force (NIF) to be deployed in Congo.
What does IFOR stand for?
IFOR stands for International Force (less common)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IFOR
We have 7 other meanings of IFOR in our Acronym Attic
- International Family Orientation Program
- Interstitial Fluid Oncotic Pressure
- l'Institut Français d'Opinion Publique
- International Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva Association
- International Friends of Puerto Escondido (Mexico)
- Implementation Force
- Inertial Frame of Reference
- Intelligent Forces
- Interagency Forum for Operational Requirements
- International Fellowship of Reconciliation
- International Peacekeeping Force
- Institut de Formation de Recherche et de Promotion (French: Training Institute for Research and Promotion)
- Interphone Resumed Operation
- International Federation of Operational Research Societies
- Innovative Fiber Optic Solutions (est. 2001; Middletown, OH)
- International Federation of Ophthalmological Societies (San Francisco, CA)
- International Federation of Oto-Rhino-Laryngological Societies (est. 1965)
- International Festival of the Sea (UK)
- International Fish Oil Standards (Ontario, Canada)
- It's Five O'Clock Somehwere
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: Gavin Cordon DAVID Cameron yesterday re-affirmed plans to withdraw British troops from Afghanistan amid fresh warnings the country could re-emerge as a terrorist haven once international forces have gone.
Instead, a smaller, more highly trained international force should prepare to demonstrate cultural respect in every single decision made in a mission focused on protecting civilians.
A member of the elite al-Quds force of Iran's Revolutionary Guard has been captured in southern Afghanistan accused of cross-border weapons smuggling, international forces said Friday.
Uganda has said it is ready to provide the troops needed to increase the international force to 20,000 but it has demanded international financing and equipment for the troops.
In a new report released on Friday, the UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) blamed bombings by the Taliban and air raids by international forces for the majority of the killings.
3 (ANI): Taking strong note of the recent air strikes by US led international forces in Pakistan, Chief of Army Staff Gen.
Sana'a: The international forces in the territorial waters of Somalia and Yemen are a potential threat and are not present just to take on piracy, said a senior Muslim scholar at a recent lecture.