The attempt to bring more transparency to all financial reporting by adopting the International Financial Reporting System and mandating greater independence for company auditors constrained entrepreneurial flexibility, at least in the short term.
What does IFRS stand for?
IFRS stands for International Financial Reporting System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IFRS
We have 15 other meanings of IFRS in our Acronym Attic
- Intercity Facility Relief Planning System
- Insurance Fraud Research Register (database)
- International Federation of Renal Registries
- International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations (Brussels, Belgium)
- International Feline Retrovirus Research Symposium (veterinary)
- Iceland Forest Research Station
- Indiana Facilities Registry System
- Inter Frame Relay Service
- International Fibrinogen Research Society
- International Financial Reporting Standard(s)
- International Fellowship of Rotarian Scuba Divers (Rotary Club)
- Intellectual Freedom Round Table (American Library Association)
- Internal-Floating-Roof Tank
- Involved-Field Radiation Therapy (oncology)
- Idaho Falls Reactor Test Center
- International Forum for Rural Transport and Development
- Iranian Fisheries Research and Training Organization
- Institut Français pour la Recherche et la Technologie Polaires
- International Forum for Road Transport Technology
- Infantry Forces Research Unit (US Army)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Later Marc Duchesne, public affairs director at Bombardier Commercial Aircraft, said the higher total mentioned by Arcamone during the press conference included USD$500 million in interest expenses, required under International Financial Reporting System accounting rules, and was not due to program cost increases.
But one requirement for the SEC to ultimately accept an international financial reporting system is that it be firing on all cylinders--and one cylinder will be that all accountants are knowledgeable about the international financial reporting standards.