GOLF: Johannesburg: The Open international final qualifying (to Mar 6).
What does IFQ stand for?
IFQ stands for International Final Qualifying (The Open Championship; golfing)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of IFQ
We have 7 other meanings of IFQ in our Acronym Attic
- International Forum of Public Universities (university consortium; Canada)
- International Function Point Users Group
- International Federation of Phonogram & Videogram Producers
- International Federation of Pharmaceutical Wholesalers
- International Federation of Public Warehousing Associations (est. 1973)
- Inkatha Freedom Party Youth Brigade (south African political party)
- Independent Film Quarterly
- Individual Fishing Quota
- Institut für Forschungsinformation und Qualitätssicherung (Institute for Research Information and Quality Assurance; Bonn, Germany)
- Interface Queue (wireless networks)
- Invitation For Bids
- Islamic Finance Qualification
- Issued for Quotation (construction)
- Idaho Food Quality Assurance Institute
- Idaho Food Quality Assurance Laboratory (Department of Agriculture; est. 1996)
- If Questions, Call
- International Fuel Quality Center (est. 1998; Houston, TX)
- Illinois Foundation for Quality Health Care
- International Forestry Quarantine Research Group
- Incremental Formal Qualification Test
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lahiri will miss the Asian Tour season- opener, Myanmar Open, this month as he will be preparing for the British Open Championship International Final Qualifying, scheduled to be held at the Amata Spring Country Club in Bangkok, from February 28- March 1.
Guan, the youngest player in the field and leader throughout, also secured a place in International Final Qualifying for the Open at Muirfield next year.
Public Invited to Attend May 23 Event Featuring Some of World's Top Players Competing to Gain Direct Entry into Golf's Oldest Championship PLANO, Texas, May 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Gleneagles Country Club, a member of the ClubCorp family of clubs, will host, for the third consecutive year, the only International Final Qualifying (IFQ) event in America May 23.
JAPAN'S Kodai Ichihara fired himself into contention for one of the four places on offer at this year's Open through international final qualifying in Asia with an opening round of 65 in Bangkok.
The winner will play in the next major championship next April at Augusta National and both the winner and runner-up will be given a berth in the international final qualifying tournament for next year's British Open.
The 26-year-old will join countrymen Jean Hugo and Darren Fichardt at golf's oldest major after the pair finished the rain-effected two-round International Final Qualifying from Africa in Johannesburg tied on six under par after a total of 136.
Davies came through a gruelling 36 holes at Sunningdale in international final qualifying to book his passport to Turnberry.